Yogurt and Barley Soup
Summer Soup: Chilled Yogurt and Barley
This yogurt and barley soup recipe is served crispy chilled during the summer. Delicious and light with the refreshing scent of mint, this soup is a favourite comfort food among many.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 110 g finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp pearl barley, rinsed
- 1.2 l chicken stock
- 720 ml plain yogurt, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pressure cooker, heat the butter and saute the onion until wilted. Add barley and stock.
- Secure the lid and bring the pot to pressure. Lower heat and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Release pressure using the natural release method. Remove the lid and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a container and chill in the fridge. Stir in the yogurt and 1 1/2 tbsp mint. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with the rest of the mint and serve cold.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.