Easy, Delicious Vegetarian Chilli
Chilli is easily one of the world's best-loved Mexican foods, warming the heart and filling the stomach with its spicy, mouth-watering goodness. There's nothing like a bowl of hot chilli on a cold day to keep a person going.
With this vegetarian chilli recipe for pressure cookers, you not only get to enjoy the full flavour of chilli while avoiding meat, you get to cook the dish in less than half an hour! Beans are tricky to cook, taking hours in a regular pot before softening, if at all. But using a pressure cooker, you're guaranteed ready-to-eat vegetarian chilli that you can immediately serve to a hungry, waiting family!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 225 g pinto beans*
- 225 g red kidney beans*
- 375 g roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 900 ml water
- 1 pack Yves veggie ground round
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder(add more for spicier chilli)
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 ½ tsps oregano
- Salt, to taste
*Soak the beans overnight before cooking.
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Saute the onions and garlic cloves until translucent.
- Add the veggie ground round and brown. Place the capsicum, cumin, chilli powder, oregano, bay lead and salt in. Mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and water in. Stir.
- Cover and lock the pressure cooker lid. Bring the cooker up to pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use the natural release method.
- Remove the bay leaf from the chilli. Serve while hot, topped with sour cream or grated cheddar cheese.
This is an ideal recipe to enjoy with home made corn bread. Enjoy!
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.