A healthy way to warm your tummy during cold months!
We've done lots of curry recipes before - chicken, beef, lamb and chickpea, among others. This time, we're going to use various vegetables for a well-rounded health dish that's got just the right amount of spice to it. Check the recipe out and get cooking!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 capsicums
- 1 red onion
- 400 g rinsed chickpeas
- 275 g green peas
- 70 g chopped toasted almonds
- 25 g chopped coriander
- 90 ml non-sweetened coconut milk
- 65 ml water
- 6 tbsps mild curry paste
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker.
- Sauté onions, seasoned with salt and pepper, for around 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, sweet potatoes, capsicums, curry paste, coconut milk and water.
- Close the lid and let it reach pressure.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure. Cook for another 2 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Use the Quick Release Method: Do this by transferring the cooker to your sink and running it under cold water (lid on).
- After pressure is released, open lid and add your peas and chickpeas.
- Garnish with coriander and toasted almonds.
- This dish goes well with basmati rice
- Optional: If you want some meat in the curry, sauté chicken thighs (no skin), cut into chunks, and add with the vegetables
- You can change the level of spice by using a hotter (or milder) curry paste variety
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.