Special Lamb Curry
You won't find a tastier pressure cooked lamb curry than this!
Who doesn't enjoy a good cut of lamb? After all, this is a country that takes joy and pride in serving mouth-watering leg of lamb roasts – this is even considered the national dish of Australia.
So to celebrate this succulent source of protein, iron, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, here's a pressure cooker recipe for lamb curry with an Indian-Asian twist of spicy goodness to it. It's very easy to prepare and cook, and is great as a filling dinner for the whole family!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 800 g lamb (shoulder or neck)
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 120 ml dry white wine*
- 3 tbsps dry curry
- 3 tbsps pure cream
- 3 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- salt, to taste
* Note: More aromatic white wines like Riesling or Viognier are recommended, as they balance out the spiciness of the dish. Otherwise, any good white wine will do.
- Cut the lamb into medium-sized chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix half the curry, cream, coconut milk and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in an uncovered pressure cooker. Saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the remaining curry to the onions and stir for one minute. Put the lamb chunks in and stir until the meat is evenly browned. Pour in the wine and water. Stir, then add salt.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Release steam from pressure cooker and uncover. Pour the cream mixture over the meat and bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to serving container while hot, and garnish with parsley.
This delicious lamb curry is best enjoyed with just-cooked white rice and wine.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.