Spanish-Style Braised Pork
The Perfect Winter Recipe: Spanish-Style Braised Pork
This is a simple, no-fuss recipe that is full of flavour, richness and aroma. The spices can be changed depending on how smoky or spicy you prefer your pork dish. The one featured below stays true to Spanish traditions when it comes to braising and stewing pork. What are you waiting for? Take out your pressure cooker and get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time:75 minutes
- 2 kg pork butt
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 450 ml red wine
- 120 ml lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Mix pork, oil, onion, garlic powder, and paprika in the pressure cooker until all spices are evenly distributed.
- Cover the meat with the lemon juice, chicken stock and red wine.
- Make sure that there is enough space between the surface of the meat / liquid and the ceiling of the cooker.
- Bring to pressure on high heat. Once reached, maintain pressure by turning down heat. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool down for 15 minutes before releasing pressure.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of ingredients depending on the size of your cooker
- Pork butt can be replaced with other parts, such as pork loin, which may take less time to cook
- For more consistency, add some vegetables (potatoes, broccoli, baby carrots)
- Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or over egg noodles
- May be garnished with mushrooms or pearl onions on top
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.