A fruity, aromatic dessert that is healthy and ready in half an hour!
Pears are among the most versatile fruits around - but so often, people underestimate the possibilities that can come from this gem. Try our simple pressure cooker recipe to create an easy, no-fuss dessert below!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 Bosc pears
- 1 lemon
- 750 ml grape juice
- 340 g currant jelly
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Remove the core of the pears, starting from the bottom so that the stem and top are left intact.
- Pour the grape juice and jelly into the pressure cooker.
- Turn the heat on, stirring regularly to melt the jelly.
- Grate the lemon skin to gather the rind. Then, squeeze the juice of the lemon.
- Add rind and juice to the pressure cooker.
- Take some aluminium foil and cut four 30 cm portions.
- Dip the pears in the jelly mixture, then transfer on the foil squares.
- Bring up the corners of the foil squares, wrapping around the pears until covered completely. Twist the top part to create a seal.
- Place your steamer basket or cooling rack inside the pressure cooker.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients to the pressure cooker.
- Transfer the foiled pears on the rack or basket, making sure they are upright.
- Close the lid with the pressure regulator on the vent pipe.
- Cook for 9 minutes at 15 PSI.
- After cooking, immediately cool the cooker.
- Remove the pears from the cooker. Carefully remove the foil and serve in a shallow dish.
- Pour the juice mixture over the pears.
- Let stand to cool, then refrigerate for a whole day or longer.
- You can substitute the grape juice with wine
- If you aren’t confident about the doneness of your pears, you can check how they are before removing them from the cooker; if needed, cook for a few more minutes
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.