Risotto with Artichoke Hearts
A new way to breathe new life to your usual bowl of rice!
Risotto is a traditional Italian rice dish, usually in stock. This is one of the most common ways of preparing and eating rice in Italy. In our pressure cooker variation, we're using chicken stock with wine and topping it off with artichoke hearts on the side.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 175 g chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 x 240 g packages of cream cheese, softened
- 180 g Arborio rice
- 400 g artichoke hearts, chopped
- 25 g Parmesan cheese
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml water
- 40 ml white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Cook rice for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Get a bowl that can easily fit in your pressure cooker. Mix the rice, stock, garlic and wine in the bowl; then cover tightly with foil.
- Add water to the pressure cooker.
- Put the bowl on top of a cooking rack or steaming basket, then place inside the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid properly with the vent regulator on the vent pipe.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 15 PSI.
- After cook time, allow pressure to drop down naturally.
- Remove the bowl from the cooker. Remove the foil.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, cheese and thyme to the risotto.
- Serve hot!
- You can also use dry thyme instead of fresh thyme
- If the bowl you used doesn’t have handles, or if it's difficult to remove the bowl from the cooker (step 10), make a foil lifter
- Feel free to add other vegetables in the risotto, like sundried tomatoes
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.