Potato-Bacon Hash Browns
Big breakfasts don't come any tastier than this!
“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” This may be a cliché, but it's also very true. You need a big breakfast to jump-start your day and provide you with plenty of energy to keep you going. Potatoes can provide your body with the carbohydrates and potassium it needs, and in hash brown form, is breakfast food that no one could possibly turn down.
Use your pressure cooker for this recipe to save time and effort in the mornings, so you can get ready for work or school without having to rush. Enjoy a truly filling breakfast!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 kg russet potatoes, washed and peeled*
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps parsley, finely chopped
- 225 g crumbled bacon
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
* Prepare the potatoes by grating or running them through a food processor. Rinse the potatoes using a strainer and let sit under running water for 30 seconds. Dry the potatoes thoroughly using paper towels. The less moisture, the crisper your hash will be.
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Place the potatoes in. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Add the bacon and parsley. Mix well. Using a wide spatula, press the potatoes and bacon down firmly.
- Cover the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Bring to low pressure and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quick-release.
- Serve your hash browns hot, with toast, scrambled eggs, coffee or fresh fruit juice.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.