A healthy capsicum salad ready in minutes!
Peperonata is a great salad to cook because of its versatility. You can eat it on its own, as a side dish, or as a textured sauce for pasta, potatoes, rice, or polenta. It can be enjoyed cooled during the summer months and hot during autumn.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 yellow capsicums
- 2 red capsicums (sweet)
- 1 green capsicum
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse, deseed and de-stem the capsicums. Slice them thinly into strips.
- Rinse the tomatoes and chop until pulpy.
- Add oil to the pressure cooker and cook the onions. Once soft, add the capsicums, one garlic clove (including its skin), and let them brown. Do this for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper, as desired.
- Mix well and then lock the lid of the cooker.
- Turn to high heat until pressure is reached.
- Once pressure is reached, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After the time is up, release vapour by opening the lid.
- Remove the skin of the garlic clove.
- Transfer the capsicums using tongs to a serving bowl.
- Add a raw and pressed garlic clove, olive oil and some chopped basil.
- Mix, serve and enjoy!
- In absence of fresh and ripe tomatoes, you can use 400 g of canned chopped tomatoes
- Some leave out the tomato puree totally by relying on the natural juices of the capsicums
- Parsley is a good alternative for basil
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.