A taste of Italy from your pressure cooker!
You can't beat a good pasta dish. This pasta casserole recipe makes use of the pressure cooker for most of the cooking, with the aid of your grill near the end to melt the cheese and create the perfect crunch. Try this recipe out at home - a perfect winter dish for the whole family!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
- 500 g Rigatoni pasta
- 300 g ground beef
- 375 g Mozzarella, shredded
- 450 g tomato puree
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 25 ml red wine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the pressure cooker, without the lid, over medium heat.
- Chop the carrot, onion and celery.
- Add 2 tbsps of butter. Cook the carrot, onion and celery until softened. (5 minutes)
- Turn the heat up to high. Cook the ground beef and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned on all sides. (10 minutes)
- When the meat is sizzling (and once all its water has evaporated), add the wine to deglaze the pan. Cook to let the wine evaporate as well. (1 minute)
- Add the pasta and tomato puree. Season with salt if desired. Pour in water enough to cover the pasta. Stir and flatten the pasta, so that you only use as little water as possible.
- Set the cooker on Low pressure and the heat up to high. Once low pressure has been reached, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After the cooking time is up, release the pressure and open the lid.
- Stir the contents, letting the pasta rest for a while.
- Transfer half of the contents of the cooker into an oiled casserole. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on top. Then pour the other half of the contents on top of that, and sprinkle cheese on top again.
- Brush or pat with butter if desired.
- Place the casserole for 3 minutes under the grill to melt the cheese and get a golden colour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.