Orange and Date Ricotta Cake
The goodness of a classic, healthy dessert coming only from your pressure cooker!
Who says you can only enjoy a good slice of cake with a working oven? This recipe will show us that the same turnout can be achieved by using nothing more than creativity and a trusty pressure cooker. Feel free to try this at home and share with friends!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 cake
- 1 kg ricotta
- 175 g dates
- 85 g organic honey
- 4 eggs
- 55 g caster sugar
- vanilla extract
- orange juice and zest (half an orange)
- Pre-soak the dates in water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat ricotta until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture to the ricotta.
- Warm honey in a saucepot, then add in the vanilla, orange juice and zest. Once combined well, add this mixture to the ricotta.
- Chop the soaked dates and whisk them into the mixture. Make sure the dates are distributed evenly and that the batter is smooth.
- Butter a heatproof cake pan or dish. Then, pour the batter into the dish.
Cover this with foil.
- Place a trivet at the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Add 500 ml of water.
- Seal the lid and set pressure to high.
- Once pressure is reached, reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- When done cooking, use the Quick Release method after 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- You can serve the cake with dusted icing sugar or cocoa powder
- For the vanilla extract, you can also use 1/4 tsp of vanilla bean
- Organic honey works best for this recipe
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.