Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
These deliciously fluffy mashed potatoes are an ideal side dish for our Lamb Shanks Recipe.
- 900 g russet potatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tbsps unsalted butter, softened and cut into chunks
- 2 L water
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks, around 4-5 cm cubes.
- Rinse the potato chunks in a bowl of cold water, changing the water two or three times until it runs clear.
- Pour the 2 L of water into a large pot (if big enough, the pressure cooker pot will suffice), and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Put in potatoes and cook for 15-18 minutes, until tender.
- Drain potatoes in a strainer. Rinse under hot, running water for 30-40 seconds.
- If using a ricer or food mill, put either over the pot and pass potatoes through.
- If using a masher, return the potatoes to the pot and mash them until smooth.
- Add the milk and fold the butter in gently with a wooden or rubber spatula, until thoroughly combined.
- Season the mashed potatoes with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with braised lamb shanks or other dishes.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.