Nothing beats good old marinara when it comes to topping pizzas or making pasta. In just half an hour, you can make your own marinara sauce using your pressure cooker and some basic ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 800 g crushed plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion or shallot
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 3 tbsps fresh basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Add oil to your pressure cooker on medium heat.
- Once finely chopped, add the garlic and onion. Cook for a minute. Do not let it get brown.
- Except for salt, add in the rest of the spices.
- Add the carrot, tomatoes and some water. The water prevents sticking and burning of the sauce when it gets too thick.
- Bring to pressure with the lid on. Once pressure is reached, turn down the heat and cook for half an hour.
- Bring pressure down through the quick release method.
- When you take off the lid, add salt and some sugar (optional).
- Remove the carrot. Serve.
- Removing the carrot is optional. You can leave it in as either large or small chunks in the sauce.
- You can add some more extra virgin olive oil, too, if you want.
- The sauce works great on penne, fusilli, lasagne and spaghetti.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.