Whether you're simply craving for a warm bowl of stew or you're planning on whipping up a hearty meal for the family, this classic stew recipe won't fail.
With delicious and healthy lamb chops combined with other healthy ingredients like carrots, green beans and green peas, this appetising lamb stew and vegies recipe is just perfect for the entire family. And with the use of a pressure cooker, you can save yourself from extra hours of cooking, as this recipe requires less than an hour of cooking time. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1-1.5 kg lamb forequarter chops
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 100ml red wine
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste or sauce
- 1 (440g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- 150g green beans, tips removed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2L beef stock (if needed)
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Lightly coat lamb chops in the seasoned flour.
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker over high heat.
- Add lamb chops and cook until browned (cook in batches to avoid crowding the pan). Put on a plate and set aside.
- Place onions and garlic in the pressure cooker. Sauté over low-medium heat for 2 minutes, or until onions are soft and brown.
- Add red wine. Stir for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan for any brown bits. Reduce liquid by half.
- Stir in carrots, celery and bay leaves.
- Put lambs back in the pressure cooker. Add in tomato paste, mixing well to coat the lamb chops.
- Add in tinned tomatoes, green peas and green beans. Stir.
- Check the liquid in the pressure cooker. Add just enough stock to cover the lamb and vegies.
- Cover the pressure cooker and bring to high pressure.
- Once pressure is reached, lower heat and cook for 15minutes, or until lambs become fork-tender.
- Remove from heat. Release pressure through natural or quick release method.
- Carefully open the lid. Stir in the parsley. Check and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve hot. Best served with mashed potatoes.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items: