Lamb Barley Stew
A hearty dish worth trying in the coming winter months!
Comfort food comes in different forms: soups, fried chicken, steaks, potatoes, desserts and various others. For something new - but equally delicious and hearty - check out this lamb barley stew that will surely warm your tummies and satisfy your cravings!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 leg of lamb, cooked
- 200 g barley
- 150 g frozen peas
- 5 carrots
- 3 onions
- 250 ml beef broth
- 500 ml water
- Remove the meat from the bone of the lamb leg. Slice into bite-sized chunks.
- Take the bone and place in the pressure cooker.
- Add the water, barley and broth to the cooker.
- Cook on high heat with the lid on.
- Once you reach high pressure, lower the heat enough to stabilise the pressure. Cook for another 20 minutes at high pressure.
- After the cook time, release the pressure.
- Open the lid. Remove the bone from the cooker. Shake off any residual meat that has stuck to the bone.
- Add the sliced carrots and quartered onions to the cooker.
- On high heat, cook for another 10 minutes.
- After cooking, release pressure.
- Add peas and meat.
- Leftover lamb is perfect for this recipe. You can also use leftover beef or any red meat
- Optional: you can add other vegetables to the dish, such as tomatoes and green beans
- If you don't have beef broth, you can use 2 bouillon cubes, but add another 250 ml of water
- Adjust the ratio of water and beef broth (or bouillon cubes) depending on how tasty or bland you want it to be
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.