A pressure cooker recipe so delicious, you'll want seconds!
Chowders are hearty, filling meals in themselves, but they also make excellent sides or starters. Here's a yummy recipe for fish chowder, easily made with your pressure cooker!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 500 g skinless, boneless haddock or any other white fish, cut into medium chunks
- 350 g potatoes, washed, peeled, cut into medium chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 350 ml milk
- 470 ml chicken stock
- 450 ml water
- 470 ml half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*You can make half and half by combining four parts whole milk with one part heavy cream (376 ml whole milk, 94 ml heavy cream).
- Put fish chunks, onion, milk, chicken stock and water in a pressure cooker.
- Lock lid onto cooker and bring to pressure on medium-high heat. Cook for 8-10 more minutes after pressure has been reached.
- Remove from heat and release pressure naturally.
- Open cooker carefully and return to medium-low heat, uncovered.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in half and half and continue stirring until chowder has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Garnish as desired and serve.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.