Easy Chicken Stock
Got leftover chicken? Make stock out of it!
The pressure cooker acts like magic with this easy recipe - what you get is stock that is as good as that which has been traditionally simmering for 8 hours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 L
- 1 chicken carcass
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 3 - 4 L cold water
- Take your large pressure cooker and add the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and peppercorns.
- Pour water in until you reach the 2/3 mark.
- Seal the lid.
- Bring to full pressure over high heat. Once pressure is reached, reduce to medium-low heat. Cook and maintain pressure for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Use the Natural Release Method.
- Once pressure has dropped, remove the lid.
- Strain the stock. Remove bones and vegetables.
- Cool down to room temperature then chill in the fridge.
- Slice the carrot, onion and celery into quarters for maximum flavour
- You can fill water up to the maximum fill line, which may vary depending on the manufacturer
- Once the stock gets cold, you can scrape off the fat that has risen to the surface
- You can season with a pinch of sea salt if desired
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.