Coq au Vin
A traditional pressure cooker family favourite (that'll have them coming back for seconds)
A classic chicken dish that's packed full of veggie goodness!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- ¼ cup olive or peanut oil
- 250g diced (smoked) bacon
- 2 medium brown onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml red wine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 200g small white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 small potatoes per person
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp cognac (optional)
- Heat oil in your pressure cooker (lid off) and brown the chicken pieces in batches, set aside.
- Brown the bacon pieces and sliced onions.
- Add chicken, sift over flour, mix well. Add cognac and light if you wish.
- Cover with red wine, then add salt, pepper and bay leaves
- Bring to boil and lock your pressure cooker.
- After reaching pressure, cook on reduced heat for 25 to 35 minutes.
- 5 Minutes before end, open pressure cooker (quick release method) and add the mushrooms.
- Close and finish cooking. Steam potatoes (in separate pressure cooker or conventional steamer) and serve with chopped parsley.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.