Cod with Peas
A tasty way to enjoy your fish and side of greens!
Cod is a great fish to use for pressure-cooking because it is light and cooks easily. In this recipe, the mixed herbs and spices in the sauce help uplift its flavour. Try out this dish at home - ready in just half an hour!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 450 g cod, filleted
- 280 g frozen peas
- 20 g parsley sprigs
- 250 ml wine
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- First: If the cod is frozen, remove from the fridge and let rest at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic cloves, oregano, parsley sprigs, half of the almonds, and paprika in a food processor.
- Add wine to the herb mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Place your steamer basket or cooking rack in the pressure cooker.
- Slice the fish to make 4 equal portions. Place fish on the rack.
- Close the lid securely with the pressure regulator on the vent pipe.
- Cook for 2 minutes at 15 PSI.
- After cook time, cool the pressure cooker immediately and set fish aside.
- Add the peas to the cooker and close the lid, with the pressure regulator on the vent pipe.
- Cook for 1 minute at 15 PSI.
- After cook time, cool the pressure cooker immediately and set peas aside.
- Serve the fish on top of the peas. Garnish with the herb mixture.
- You can use 1 tbsp fresh oregano instead of dry oregano
- For an added crunch and texture, you can serve the dish with roasted almond crumbs
- You can replace wine with chicken broth
- To make your sauce thicker, add a mixture of 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp cold water to the herbs
- You can add other vegetables if you prefer, such as potatoes and spring beans, among others
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.