Chilli Con Carne
Chilli Con Carne - ready in no time!
In just an hour, get ready to swim in a bowl of easy chili con carne goodness using your pressure cooker!
This recipe is an all-time favourite all over the world. A warm bowl can easily soothe you down whenever you're feeling blue. Chilli con carne is a simple recipe to follow - and it's perfect for dinner, lunch, or just a rainy afternoon. The version we're cooking here is a healthy, low-sodium (but just as yummy) approach to this family favourite. Serve with bread, rice, or biscuits.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time:30 Minutes
- 400 g ground beef
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 g kidney beans, soaked
- 300 g canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 180 ml water
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the pressure cooker for 2 minutes. Cook the ground beef until brown, and then remove from the cooker.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pressure cooker. Add and stir fry the garlic and onions until light brown.
- Add the beef and the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- Close the pressure cooker and bring to high heat. Once full pressure is reached, reduce the heat and cook for 18 minutes.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let it cool down on its own.
- Discard the bay leaves, then serve the chilli while hot.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.