Quick Comfort Food: Chicken Soup
It takes only half the time to cook a delicious, winter-warming chicken soup in a pressure cooker compared to other conventional cooking methods such as the stove top. Furthermore, a pressure cooker chicken soup has a richer chicken flavour because the pressure cooker infuses the ingredients' flavours.
This pressure cooker chicken soup is done in about 20 minutes. It can also be made using turkey instead of chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves
- 1440 ml chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peasv
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup egg noodles
- In the pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken breasts from the pot and dice into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil, onions, carrots and celery to the pot.
- Cook for around 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, peas, corn, lime juice, bay leaf, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Next, add the noodles.
- Secure the lid and bring to pressure on high heat.
- Reduce heat to the lowest level while maintaining pressure. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.