Italy in a pot!
Also known as bolognaise sauce, this is an ultimate Italian classic. Perfect for topping your favourite pastas, this has several variations all across the globe. Here, we're going basic and classic with our pressure cooker recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 kg beef, minced
- 800 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 120 ml beef stock
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 tbsps tomato paste
- 2 tbsps Italian dried herbs
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add the beef mince and cook until brown.
- Add garlic and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Put the lid on, then allow to boil. Bring to pressure.
- Once at full pressure, lower heat and let stabilise.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Cool down using the Natural Release Method.
- Serve and enjoy!
- A 6-litre pressure cooker can handle two batches of the sauce
- To reduce runniness, simmer for 10 minutes without the lid after cooking
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.