Creamy and full of flavour, this beef stroganoff recipe will feed a large family
Beef stroganoff has been marked as one of the most popular comfort foods during winter. This Russian dish – consisting of beef and mushrooms and in a delightful sour cream sauce – is also a staple in many diets around the world.
Using a pressure cooker, you can cook this classic recipe in less than an hour. The pressure cooker stroganoff recipe below features beef chunks tenderised by the intense heat of the pressure cooker and complemented with a complex, heartwarming sauce – a dish that's sure to win the heart of your family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 900 g stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 110 g mushrooms
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 375ml beef stock
- 240 ml sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles, cooked
- Place beef chunks, flour, and salt and pepper in a ziplock bag. Shake to coat.
- In the pressure cooker, heat oil and brown the meat in batches.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except for the sour cream. Tip: Add the tomato paste last to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Secure lid and bring to pressure. Cook for 20 minutes at pressure.
- Release pressure and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot noodles and, if desired, sprinkle with paprika or chopped parsley.
Beef stroganoff is traditionally served over egg noodles; variations include creamy mash and steamed rice.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.