Easy-cook beef spaghetti in just 20 minutes!
Who said it had to take forever to cook up a bowl of great spaghetti? This classic and well-loved Italian dish gets a makeover with the use of a pressure cooker. Now, you won't have to spend an hour stirring a pot of pasta, then use another saucepan and burner to make the spaghetti sauce.
With this beef spaghetti recipe, you're guaranteed a full meal in just twenty minutes using only one pot. It's perfect for when you're running late at dinnertime and the whole family is waiting for you to come up with something gastronomically spectacular!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 450 g ground beef
- 450 g uncooked spaghetti pasta
- 450 ml dry red wine
- 225 ml pasta sauce
- 225 ml water
- 60 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 ½ tsps chilli powder
- 1 ½ tsps salt
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium fire.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute for 1 minute, then add ground beef.
- Lightly brown beef, stirring occasionally to break up meat.
- Place in all of the ingredients, save the cheese.
- Break uncooked pasta in half and add to ingredients.
- Stir the pasta in well to separate the strands. Close cover and lock.
- Check that the pressure regulator is on the vent pipe.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, 1 minute less for al dente spaghetti.
- Allow cooker to cool and release pressure.
- Uncover, stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Best served while warm, with garlic bread and wine.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.