Beef Pot Roast
Another delicious pressure cooker recipe!
Dinnertime is something to look forward to, especially after a long, tiring day at work. And what better way to greet your rumbling stomach and sour mood than with the wonderful aroma and fabulous taste of a proper pot roast? Here's an easy recipe for beef pot roast, made quicker with the help of a pressure cooker for delicious meals that every family member will love!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1.5-1.8 kg beef chuck roast
- 500 ml beef stock
- 118 ml red wine
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chicken salt
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- Prep the beef by trimming off excess fat.
- Combine salt, paprika, chicken salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the salt mixture all over the beef well.
- Place the beef in a pressure cooker.
- Add garlic, onion, beef stock and red wine in.
- Lock lid on pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from heat and use the quick release method.
- Check on the roast for tenderness.
- Add the potatoes and carrots in, making sure to distribute them inside the pot.
- Lock lid back on pressure cooker and return to heat.
- Bring to pressure and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
- Use the natural release method. Uncover and serve hot, with gravy.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
You can add whatever seasonings you want to the salt mixture, such as thyme, rosemary, bay leaves or cayenne powder. You can also add or subsitute other hearty vegetables such as turnips to go with the roast. Pot roast leftovers are excellent sandwich fillers and make for versatile lunch options.
Looking for a pressure cooker? Check our Pressure Cookers, Shop by Brand or read our Buying Guide to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift for those who enjoy cooking at home.