Baked Chocolate Custard
A pressure cooker dessert for the chocoholics amongst us!
This scrumptious dessert is best served with fresh strawberries.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
Round oven dish approximately 18 to 20cm in diameter
- 300 ml cream
- 250 ml full cream milk
- 110 gm or ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 375 gm dark cooking chocolate finely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- Slowly simmer cream, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir to combine well. Remove from heat then add chocolate pieces to melt. The mixture should look like a chocolate sauce.
- Whisk egg yolks until pale then slowly stream into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into round porcelaine dish then place in pressure cooker on trivet with 4 cups of water.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. The custard should wobble in the center when ready.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.