An easy Applesauce recipe for your Pressure Cooker!
Applesauce is always a treat, either to accompany main dishes like roasts and desserts like pudding or eaten on its own. You can even use applesauce as a substitute in recipes for cakes, breads or muffins if you want a rather spicy kick to your baked goods. And since there's nothing healthier than applesauce made right in your own kitchen, here's an excellent, fuss-free and very easy applesauce recipe for you to follow, made using a pressure cooker!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: approx. 1.5 kg
- 1.5 kgs apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 inch cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1/8 tsp ground cardmamom
- 60 ml honey
- 225 ml apple cider
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
* You can adjust the amounts of honey and lemon juice according to your taste.
- Place the apples, cinnamon, cardmamom and apple cider in the pressure cooker.
- Lock the lid and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- When high pressure has been reached, immediately reduce heat and maintain pressure for 4 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from heat. Allow steam to release naturally.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Stir applesauce thoroughly with a wooden spoon, breaking up chunks.
- For a smoother consistency, puree in a food processor or blitz with a stick blender.
- Consume immediately or store in sterilised bottles/jars, sealing tightly.
Other Pressure Cooker Recipes and Related Items:
Looking for a pressure cooker
? Check our Pressure Cookers
, Shop by Brand
or read our Buying Guide
to find the pressure cooker that best suits your needs. Pressure Cookers also make a perfect gift
for those who enjoy cooking at home.