Hawkins is a well known and established brand since it started in the UK in the mid 1940s. Hawkins has consistently produced this simple, high quality and low maintenance pressure cooker. Still used by millions of people worldwide, this pressure cooker has been a favourite to several generations of happy users.
The trademark Hawkins style pressure cooker is famous for its excellent design and safety. The nature of the mechanism means that the lid cannot be opened under pressure. Additionally, the location of the gasket means that the seal lasts longer than in ordinary pressure cookers.
The Hawkins Bigboy has been designed primarily for restaurants and catering. The 22L size allows for cooking of extra large volumes of food with great speed. The design of this cooker reflects this purpose. Extra sturdy handles are fitted for easy lifting. Additionally a chain attaches the vent weight to the lid to prevent loss in industrious kitchens.Features:
- Suitable for gas or electric cooktops
- With Non-Whistling Pressure Regulator
- Simple trouble free operation
- Dual heat fusion safety valves for maximum security
- Fastest cooking times
- Full 15 psi (110kpa) operating pressure, thus cooking temperature of 121oC
- Full sterilisation capabilities, thus eliminating any bacteria while cooking
- Easy low cost maintenance
- Spare parts are economical & readily available
- Cool handles for easy handling
- Made from 99.9% pure food quality aluminium
- Instruction Manual includes 150 International Recipes